The ATEC 321 FAETA is certified for towing gliders with take-off weight of 750 kg and for towing banners. This "Easytow" version is equipped with the tow gear connected to the release mechanism TOST E85 and yellow release control lever in the cockpit. A simple rear mirror mounted on side of the fuselage (easily removable) enables monitoring of the towed device. The aircraft can be equipped with a digital instrument, which is able to display the picture of the towed device received from the minicamera installed on the tail of the aircraft.
The drive unit used for aerotow is Rotax 912 ULS engine with max. power of 73,5 kW when 5800 rpm and max. continuous power of 69 kW when 5500 rpm. The aircraft is equipped with the 3-blades fix propeller Fiti EcoCompetition with diameter of 1,63m. To assure more efficient engine cooling, an additional oil radiator including independent NACA inlet and oil thermostat are installed.
See our videos of aerotow on YouTube here.
- Take-off distance of aerotow with the glider of 750 kg TOW: 550 m
- Altitude reached after 600 m from start point: 15m
- Maximum climb rate with the glider of 750 kg TOW: 1,75m/s
- Optimum speed of aerotow (depending on glider type): 100 - 120 km/h (55 - 65 kt)
- Average fuel consumption in aerotow: 15 - 18 l/h
- Maximum flight range in aerotow (fuel level 70L): 450 km
Start and take-off distance of aerotow can be extended by 15% in case of high grass on runway or rainy conditions.
Performances are considered for the glider´s take-off weight of 750 kg. These may vary depending on flight performance and characteristics of towed glider.